Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

2/26/07

EU Faux Pas in the USA

The Global Perspective - Market Leading Commentary On The World Economy

"EU Faux Pas in the USA

As I was out having dinner with someone in a Manhattan restaurant last night, I began to think about how different we were as people, despite our common language and interests. When Sting wrote the lyric 'Legal Alien', in many ways he really was conjuring up the best possible phrase for an Englishman in New York.

For the weekend then, I've decided to list seven of what I think are the most subtle but important mistakes English people and Europeans in particular make when they come to America. In fact, I think on many levels, these are some of the reasons for break-downs in political and business communications between the USA and the EU. If you can think of any more, post them in the comments section below."

No comments: