Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

6/20/08

TCS Daily: From Paypal to Outerspace

TCS Daily - Elon Musk: From Paypal to Outerspace

Elon Musk is perhaps the ultimate immigrant success
story. He left home in South Africa for Canada and came to the United
States to pursue his education. In 1999, he co-founded a company called
X.com, an online financial services and email payments company that later became PayPal.

In 2002, Musk founded Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX), where he is currently CEO and CTO.
He's also Chairman of the Board of Tesla Motors, a Silicon Valley-based
company which is building high-performance electric vehicles.

Musk says : "I think the United States is the greatest country that's ever
existed on earth. And I think that it is difficult to argue on
objective grounds that it is not. I think the facts really point in
that direction. It's the greatest force for good of any country that's
ever been. I think it would be a mistake to say the United States is
perfect; it certainly is not. But when historians look at these things
on balance and measure the good with the bad -- and I think if you do
that on a rational basis and make a fair assessment -- I think it's
hard to say that there is anything better. I wasn't born in America -
but I got here as fast as I could."

Note EU-Digest: "Let us hope one day we will hear European immigrants say the same about Europe as what Mr. Musk is saying about the US?"



No comments: