Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

12/15/08

National Post: France - The wisdom of chansonnier Charles Aznavour - by Ben Kaplan

For the complete report from the National Post click on this link

France: The wisdom of chansonnier Charles Aznavour - by Ben Kaplan

In July, Charles Aznavour was named an honorary officer of the Order of Canada, one of a select few non-Canadians to receive the honor. The French singer - who was discovered by Edith Piaf, starred in François Truffaut's films, recorded more than 1,000 love songs and will soon return to Canada on a new tour. Aznavour says : "I'm coming to the end of my life. I know that. I've seen many things. Life, you have to live it. You want to learn something from me? Come see me onstage. Then you can judge what I believe is good or bad. Most of the time, the father never talks to the son. It's the mother who usually does the talking. I try and talk to my children. If they listen? I don't know. I said I try. Religion has never been important to me, but it's important for people today. It's a morality. I don't need it. But young people need it. Life today has changed."

No comments: