Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

8/23/10

Do Moderate Muslims Exist? - ( Go to Istanbul) By Andrew Sullivan

That they do is a proposition so easily verifiable that I don't even have to leave my apartment to do it. I can just look out the window. Book a ticket to Istanbul, spend an afternoon here, have a lovely time, drink some tea, meet friendly, tolerant, warm, welcoming Moslems (mostly), and see for yourself. They exist! They're my neighbors and my friends! Babür, is there anyone at our gym, for example, who would not describe himself as a Moslem? Would any member of our gym endorse terrorism, honor killing, forcing me to wear the hijab, or subjecting me to a dhimmi tax? The idea is so absurd it's beyond discussion -- and yet we're discussing it.

For more: Do Moderate Muslims Exist? - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

No comments: