Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

8/28/13

USA: Fifty years ago today in Washington, DC, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. electrified the nation - by G. Roberts, R. Fenton and B. Golding

Fifty years ago today, tens of thousands of New Yorkers swelled the ranks of the estimated 250,000 civil-rights marchers who thronged the National Mall in Washington DC and heard Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. deliver his famed “I Have a Dream” speech -- and it forever changed their lives.

“When I listened to him, I felt trembles going down my spine,” recalled retired sanitation worker Robert Walton, 88, of Far Rockaway.

“It touched me. I felt empowered. It made me feel like I was an American citizen.”
“As long as I live I will never forget that day,” he added.


Read more: Fifty years ago today in Washington, DC, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. electrified the nation - NYPOST.com

No comments: