Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

7/3/21

Britain - Brexit: I’d love to believe Brexit is working. But why are there so many weird shortages? - by Zoe Williams

It started with a rabbit hutch, insanely expensive, but reportedly worth it: the only guaranteed fox-proof outdoor hutch on the market. I ordered it in January; I’d say I got an email about its progress roughly once a week. Twenty-five emails later, still no hutch, and I had started sending elaborate replies to an automated customer service entity: “It’s lucky I don’t have two rabbits, otherwise I’d need another 63 hutches by now, and when would I get those – 2027?” There were a couple of weeks when they were blaming the Suez canal, but mostly, it was “delays caused by Brexit”.

read more at: I’d love to believe Brexit is working. But why are there so many weird shortages? | Zoe Williams | The Guardian

No comments: