Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

8/7/07

"A Strange Feeling" - by Michael P.F. van der Galiën


For the full text of the "A Strange Feeling" click on this link

"A Strange Feeling" - by by Michael P.F. van der Galiën

"During my stay in Turkey, I have visited several mosques. Last week Friday and today I did not just visit mosques: I went there with a Muslim and joined the men in prayer. Some of my Christian brethren might be shocked by this, but I did not have a big problem with praying with Muslims and praying like they do. In fact, I found the praying to be… comforting. I obviously prayed to God as in the Christian God, and I did not silently pray the same prayer the Muslims prayed: I prayed to the Christian concept of God and chose my own words / thoughts… But it was comforting nonetheless. When praying, I was - today and last week friday as well - overwhelmed by a very positive, peaceful feeling. Or perhaps peaceful or positive energy is the best word to describe this feeling."

No comments: