Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

7/17/11

Harry Potter, Jesus, and Me - by Andrew Peterson

That day I met John Granger, bought his book The Hidden Key to Harry Potter, and was even more hooked than I was before. He pointed out so many interesting themes, archetypes, alchemical nuances, and even direct quotes from Rowling herself about the Christian content in the books that I became more frustrated and mystified than ever by the outcry from Christians against the books. As weird as it sounds, I felt bad for Rowling. She was working hard, telling a great story, lighting up my imagination like few authors ever have (I'll let you guess which), and she was being demonized by the church I love-the church of which she was supposedly a part.

For me: Harry Potter, Jesus, and Me | Movies & TV | Christianity Today

No comments: