Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

7/18/11

Jazz Switzerland; Deep Purple clinches Montreux Jazz Festival

"The best way to describe Deep Purple’s performance at last night’s closing of the 45th Montreux Jazz Festival, is to tell you that I left with a renewed vow to collect and listen to all the old Purple, Sabbath, and Rainbow albums I can beg, borrow or steal.

While their cover of Hush may have put the band on the charts initially, their work on songs like Child in Time makes me think I didn’t waste enough of my youth.

The concert wasn’t the loudest I’ve heard this year – the Guiness Book of World Records once listed DP as “the loudest pop band ever” - but the classic extreme funk sound of Purple was in fine form last night and a credit to every hard rock band playing into their would be retirement years (front man Ian Gillan and bassist Roger Glover were both born in 1945)."

For more: WHEELS ENTHUSIAST » Deep Purple clinches Montreux Jazz Festival

No comments: