Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

11/27/19

USA Trump Impeachment Probe: Trump denies sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine to push Biden, election probes - by Christina Wilkie

President Trump tried to distance himself from his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani's efforts related to Ukraine on Tuesday in an interview with radio host Bill O'Reilly. In the interview for BillOReilly.com, O'Reilly asked the president what Giuliani was, "doing in Ukraine on your behalf."

"Well, you have to ask that to Rudy, but Rudy, I don't, I don't even know," said Mr. Trump. "I know he was going to go to Ukraine, and I think he canceled a trip," the president continued. "But, you know, Rudy has other clients, other than me. I'm one person."

Mr. Trump then denied that he had ever directed Giuliani to go to Ukraine on his behalf. However, in May the New York Times reported that Giuliani had planned to go to Ukraine that month, to urge the government there to open several investigations that could aid the president.

Read more:Trump denies sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine to push Biden, election probes

No comments: