Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

10/20/07

Hotel Club Travel Blog: Germany - Best European Food Experience

For the complete report from the Best European Food Experience click on this linkGermany - Best European Food Experience

The best European food experiences can be had at the smaller “mom and pop” restaurants commonly found in the countryside and at the larger restaurants located in cities not commonly on the itinerary for the international traveler. These restaurants are often owned by the same family for generations and offer local cuisine at its most authentic. One thing to look for when searching for an authentic European restaurant is a menu that is not in English.Speaking from my experiences in the German countryside, I was happy to travel with a local since my German is left to be desired. Traveling down 2-lane roads for an hour outside the city of Freiburg to my destination of Villengen, Germany I smelled exotic cheeses being created and saw miles and miles of open grasslands and grazing cattle. This is the Germany the casual tourist rarely sees. Without my interpreter, it probably would have been impossible for me to have this experience. Intermittently on the trip a sign saying ‘Essen’ or ‘Gaststätte’ along with a family name, these words announced a family owned restaurant open to passers-by on their way to the autobahn past Villengen and all points north and south.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked the German food, it was very similar to the American food in my experience. Anyhow if you are looking for a food experience in Central America, that will change your life.

Jenn,
Costa Rican food attracts celebrities.