Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

10/20/07

IHT: Cécilia Sarkozy tells her story - by Elaine Sciolino

The Sarkozy's in better times


For the complete report from the International Herald Tribune click on this link

Cécilia Sarkozy tells her story - by Elaine Sciolino

"We tried everything, I tried everything," she said. "What happened to me has happened to millions of people: One day you no longer have your place in the couple. The couple is no longer the essential thing of your life. It no longer functions; it no longer works."

Sarkozy will live at the Élysée palace and Cécilia Sarkozy at their apartment in the Paris suburb of Neuilly-sur-Seine. According to the divorce settlement, they will share custody of their 10-year-old son, Louis. Cécilia Sarkozy, who also has two grown daughters by a previous marriage, said she intended to spend more time with her family. She also said that although she had no projects at the moment, "I want to do many things and I feel I have the possibility to help others - that has always been my nature."

No comments: