Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

2/11/17

Israel: President Trump backtracks on Israeli settlements, Jerusalem embassy - Matthew Rozsa

President Trump is sounding more and more like President Barack Obama when it comes to issues important to Israel. “Well, I want Israel to be reasonable with respect to peace,” Trump told Israel Hayom, after being asked about whether he would move America’s embassy to Jerusalem. “I want to see peace happen. It should happen. After all these years. . . Maybe there is even a chance for a bigger peace than just Israel and the Palestinians. I would like to see a level of reasonableness of both parties, and I think we have a good chance of doing that.”

Having not directly answered the interviewer’s question, interviewer Boaz Bismuth posed it again. Trump replied, “I am thinking about the embassy, I am studying the embassy [issue], and we will see what happens. The embassy is not an easy decision. It has obviously been out there for many, many years, and nobody has wanted to make that decision. I’m thinking about it very seriously, and we will see what happens.”

Trump was more decisive in his stance on the Israeli settlements in the Palestinian Territories, which Israel resumed within days of Trump taking office.

Read more: President Trump backtracks on Israeli settlements, Jerusalem embassy - Salon.com

No comments: