Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

2/6/17

Russia - US Relations: Trump reiterates his respect for Putin

US President Donald Trump has said he respects his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin. When told in an interview that the Russian leader was "a killer," Trump said the US has many of them too.

"I respect a lot of people, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get along with him," Trump told Fox's Bill O'Reilly (above, L) in a taped interview broadcast on Sunday.

"He's a leader of his country. I say it's better to get along with Russia than not. And if Russia helps us in the fight against [so-called] ISIS, which is a major fight, and Islamic terrorism all over the world - that's a good thing," Trump said.

"Will I get along with him? I have no idea," he said.

Putin meanwhile has called Trump a "very bright and talented man."

Read more: Trump reiterates his respect for Putin | News | DW.COM | 06.02.2017

No comments: