Advertise On EU-Digest

Annual Advertising Rates

7/21/13

France: Chris Froome wins Tour de France 2013 – as it happened - by Paul Doyle

A beaming Froome shares his emotions with Ned Boulting on ITV4: "It brought tears to my eyes, coming over the line with the guys like that. I expected it to be big but this is something else. It's been an amazing way to finish off a 100th edition of the Tour de France."

He then declares his victory a triumph for drug-free riding and proof iof a sport that is entering a new, clean era. "In a way I'm, glad that I've had to face those questions after the tarnished history over the last decade. All of that has been sort of channeled towards me now and I feel like I've been able to deal with it reasonably well and send a strong message that the sport has changed. And it really has. The peloton aren't going to stand for it any more."

Read more: Chris Froome wins Tour de France 2013 – as it happened | Paul Doyle | Sport | guardian.co.uk

No comments: